some fun facts about nanotechnology
- Fingernails grow one nanometer per second (which is equal to 10-9 or 0.000,000,001 meter).
- Bulletproof business suits made from carbon nano tubes costs $20,000. They are stab resistant, stops 9 mm rounds & have to be cut into shapes using a saw.
- Damascus steel is over 1000 years old & contains carbon nano tubes. Blades made from it could supposedly cut through stones or metal – how to make it remains unknown.
- Scientists are using nanotechnology to create an invisibility cloak. Nano tube sheets at extreme temperatures cause light to bend away from objects
- Made from millions of carbon nanotubes, Buckypaper is 10x lighter & 250x stronger than steel; created by accidents in an attempt to recreate conditions in which star exist.
- 322 companies in 20 countries are producing productsthat contain nano materials
- About 20,000 researchers around the world are workingin nanotechnology related jobs.
To know More about the Advanced Composite Materials Grab the chance and attend the forthcoming Conference : 5th International Conference on Advanced Material Research and Nanotechnology.
Dates of the Conference : September 17-18, 2018
Venue : Berlin, Germany
For more Details : Advanced Materials 2018